Thursday, May 22

Currently Coveting: Outdoor Spaces

Considering it snowed a week ago, I am relieved I hadn't already planted my vegetable garden. But now the weather seems back on track. The kids are playing outside so much of the day, I have been starting to tackle outdoor projects. All of our focus has been on renovating the inside of our house and over the last 3 years we haven't put much effort into landscaping or outdoor sitting areas. Also landscaping is NOT my expertise. Last year I was using a pick ax to dig a hole for new perennials and I went right through the sprinkler hose - two steps back! And our front and back yard seems so large - I am easily overwhelmed. However, I am trying to tell myself it is okay to just improve small areas at a time. Below are some sweet spaces I only wish I could have:

image via

image via
The Ponterios' daughter brings drinks to the family dining area, paved with crushed stone, just outside the kitchen. Antique wine jugs, in their original crates, are gradually filling up with corks.
image via
Knockout roses and hostas planted along fence
image via

ver1
image via
♥
image via
Perfect Mix
image via
Love this vibe
image via
We'll see what kinds of small improvements I can make this summer. I can promise it will not look anything like these photos ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your kind comments! I love your feedback :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...